These are the server rules. They apply to everyone playing on the servers.
REVISED: March 31, 2016
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Google Drive document includes the code you will need when filling out the application, so you should read the rules there if you have not yet applied for whitelisting.
- Be respectful to others on the server. Personal insults or verbal attacks outside of roleplay are strictly prohibited.
- No stream sniping, stream stalking, or metagaming. Please consider that others on the server may be streaming or recording so be respectful to them and their viewers. Following streamers by using their broadcast will be dealt with especially harshly, resulting in a ban.
- Use in-game VoIP at all times and no third-party applications such as Teamspeak/Discord/ETC. The radios in-game do work so make use of them.
- Do not act on information obtained through any means other than direct roleplay. This includes social media, Twitch streams, YouTube videos, word of mouth, the experiences of an alternate character, etc..
- Do not broadcast music to the server using the internal VOIP unless agreed upon by all present parties
- Do not type in-game whether in or out of character. Please be mindful that others may be streaming or recording content
- If you have a problem with someone else, handle it privately off the server. Any player caught harassing or bullying another player on or off the server will be permanently removed and banned from the current whitelist, future whitelists, and the community as a whole. We have a Red Zone Teamspeak (184.108.40.206:10077) which is to be used in conjunction with @TehRedZone on Twitter to resolve any issues.
- Roleplay that violates the Twitch ToS (http://www.twitch.tv/p/terms_of_service) is strictly prohibited.
- Do not log out in the middle of combat; i.e. combat logging. Do not log in to help others in combat. “Ghosting” from one shard to another to change position in combat will result in a ban.
- If rendered unconscious, let your character die naturally. Whether they are bleeding out or captured in cuffs, you must not use the respawn button until you see “You are dead”.
- Character death is not considered permanent. You can choose to revive your character after death however, you lose all memory of the events leading up to said death. Either way, you have no recollection of your death and therefore all your gear left behind is forfeited. You may not return. You are free to create a new character at any time.
- Do not glitch any elements of the game or use exploits.
- The primary focus of this server is player interaction and roleplay, therefore you must stay in character at all times. Roleplay situations should be handled realistically. For example, if you are unarmed and they have a gun.. act like it. Roleplay should be realistic within the environment of the apocalypse. You are not Yoda. You are not Herbert the pervert. You are a survivor.
- You are not allowed to use the player list in conjunction with any roleplay (ie: “I can see he’s awake - where is he?”).
- You are not allowed to use the “check pulse” feature to ascertain the name of a player. It is deemed insufficient roleplay.
- The zones will change month to month or week to week. We reserve the right to change the zones and wipe the server when we deem fit. The password will be changed when the zones change. Consult the rules for the new password.
- Last but not least, we are all here to have fun and make enjoyable content for our communities. Whilst losing fights is going to be a high stakes and possibly upsetting experience, salt and tantrums on and off the server will be harshly dealt with by removal from the server. Frustrating as confrontations may be to you and your character, please remember this is all roleplay and must stay in the server at all times. Spilling your issues into Twitch chat, social media or direct messages will significantly diminish your time on our whitelist considerably. This is roleplay in a zombie apocalypse. The times are hard, expect the experience to treat you as such.
Now that you have read the Rules, you may apply to join the whitelist.